Full Service Travel Health Clinic
Great Lakes Physician Services offers a full range of travel health services including immunizations, vaccines and general travel health information.
Drawing on over ten years of travel health experience we will provide you with a simple plan to ensure your good health when traveling abroad. Below is a list of frequently asked questions.
When are travel vaccines needed?
- Study Abroad
- Mission Trips
What should I do when planning an international trip?
- Begin planning as soon as possible, some immunization series take up to six months to complete
- Schedule an appointment with our travel health clinic immediately
- Plan to travel with extra prescription medications and copies of your prescriptions
- Carry a copy of your personal health history with you in case of any emergency
What information will you provide me?
We will provide you with information regarding the prevention of illness and diseases such as:
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Food and waterborne illness
- Disease carrying insects
- Altitude sickness
- Other non-vaccine preventable diseases
- Malaria counseling
- Personal safety
- First aid
- Jet lag
- Health information to have on hand while traveling
- What information should I bring to my appointment?
Please bring your complete travel itinerary and your immunization records from your primary care physician.
What immunizations and vaccinations are available?
- Yellow Fever - Required for entry into certain countries. Occurs in tropical and subtropical regions of Africa and South America.
(Great Lakes Physician Services Occupational Health is an authorized yellow fever vaccine center)
- Meningococcal Meningitis - Occurs in sub-Saharan Africa, Saudi Arabia and India. Required for entry into certain countries.
- Rabies - Found in Asia, India, Africa, Central and South America.
- Typhoid Fever - Occurs in many countries including Mexico, Africa, Asia, India, Central and South America.
- Japanese Encephalitis - Found in rural China, Korea, Southeast Asia, and India.
- Hepatitis A and B - Found worldwide.